Monday, June 23, 2008

Pt. 5

The next day I get a call on my cell while I’m at the office. To my delight, it was you asking if I wanted to go to lunch, my choice. “Sure, I would love to.” I said. “I’ll let you know where a little later.”

We meet at the park down the street and are able to walk to the restaurant. “Where are we going?” you ask. “There is a nice Chinese restaurant on the Boardwalk. You like Chinese food?.” You look at me as if that were a dumb question. “Are you kidding, it’s may fav!” “Well, I picked a good place then.” We sit down, and have a great lunch. You got the chicken and broccoli combo and I get chicken fried rice. After lunch, we walk back to the park and there is just enough time to sit on a bench and enjoy a few minutes watching the waves. We sit there holding hands and you lay your head on my shoulder wishing this would never end. Sadly we need to get back to work. We give a hug, both of us not sure if it is too soon for a kiss. Without warning, you take it upon yourself to lean in and kiss me. It was the sweetest thing ever. The world seemed to spin as we stood there. It only lasted less than second, but to us it lasted forever. You look at me and smile, and walk away. No words, just a bright smile. I just stood there. I ended up late returning back from lunch.